SO... I've heard some grumblings about how it's been a while since I've posting something/anything.
Well, I guess the main reason for that is that there's really nothing to report on, nothing of great significance anyway, that and I'm trying to build a garage in between shuttling Julie up north with two false starts.
Emmah, for now remains the same, she seems to be responding well to the chemotherapy, that is to say that the chemo is having an impact on the tumor. She is scheduled to start another session this coming Thursday... hmmm looking at the time now, I guess that means tomorrow. This next session is a three day, so if all goes well, we might be home on Sunday... my guess is Monday, but either way, it should be a shorter stay than the last one... always a good thing. She avoided having to have a transfusion last week, seems that her hemoglobin and platelets recovered on their own and her white counts were up as well. We're winning the small battles thus far... here's hoping that we win the war as well.
There may be a trip to New York in the very near future, out to Sloan Kettering to have them do the resection and to discuss an alternate type therapy that doesn't involve the destruction of her perfectly good bone marrow by receiving high dose chemotherapy and then having to go through the stem cell transplant.
That's about it... 'cept for us just waiting on this procrastinator of a baby to make its appearance.
Until the next time...
KUIYP
No comments:
Post a Comment