Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wasting the 'extra' hour not sleeping... Yawn...

Well… (I know… deep subject)

I’ve decided to try and get back to posting something here for all you followers… all three of you… until my mom gets moved and back up and running, make it two. With Halloween being tomorrow and all, I decided to post in orange… ain’t I clever? It’s just that we’ve been so busy that I haven’t had the time, or desire, to do anything here… but I have been hearing it from the few followers (not recently though… must’ve given up) about how there are no recent pictures of the kids (specifically Lyndsey) so… I will ramble on about things that have transpired since the last missive before getting on to posting any pictures of the kids in their respective blogs.

A lot has happened over the past few months, none of it really good or exciting to tell of, so I will try to keep it short and to the point if possible, but those of you who know me, know that I can get wordy at times.

The not so good or exciting part(s):

Well the thefts continue… to the ladders and scaffold plank we can now add one lawn mower, one weed (string) trimmer, one backpack sprayer and one reciprocating saw (sawzall). What else… We were misinformed, misguided and very rudely treated by a city worker regarding our garage and permit. Most of what transpired could’ve been avoided if we got the right information up front in the first place! Before all that happened… there was the business of the bad concrete… for the first time we poured the garage foundation. Then all the extra cost incurred having to get that taken (knocked) down and then redone. We had hired a painter to paint, but with all that we’ve shelled out (extra) for the garage to date… he’s no longer an option. Our van has turned 100,000 miles and will self destruct any day now… I’m sure the countdown has started. Julie and I had one helluva time deciding on paint colors for the exterior of the house… like a months worth helluva time. Add to the list of extra cost incurred at least one more months worth of storage too. Lyndsey has an aversion to sleep or something… she naps instead of sleeping and it’s beginning to get on everyone’s nerves a bit. Everyone mostly being Julie and me… mainly at night when we’re trying to sleep… which explains why I’m sitting here in the wee hours of the eve of Halloween in the first place.

Okay… now the good, but still not exciting part(s):

The issues with the city have been taken care of… though the rude woman remains at large and still rude. The garage foundation walls have been re-poured and there’s fill (the old foundation walls and stone and rock) in the middle and we pour the floor this week… finally! Julie and I were finally able to come to terms regarding colors for the house, arriving on a color inspired by… of all things… a pair of my sleep pants. While it’s not an exact match… it got us in the neighborhood. We were able to get the painter out and have him prep and paint the soffit and fascia… he just doesn’t know it yet, but he’s done here. Ummm… the gutters are up and do look really nice… gleaming copper for now. Nothing’s been stolen… this week.

There’s more I’m sure, but for now, I think it’s time to end this and get some shuteye. Don’t want to waste the ‘extra’ hour of sleep typing silly posts to our blog… though I guess it’s too late for that now. I don’t think that I will be getting to post any picture right now, but perhaps later on today I shall. Keep a lookout.

Until the next time…

No comments: