Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Please don't let the flood of recent postings (three for June already) send you into a tizzy... I know that it's a lot of new reading, but I think that it can be handled by the growing list of regular followers. I think we're up to three now. Anyway... just wanted to give an update to the saga that has become the restoration of our abode. Maybe soap opera is more fitting.

We went to court yesterday (for our follow up visit) only to get, as expected, another follow up date. This one is set for 22nd of August. Everyone was as congenial as ever, and after having to track down which court room we were in, it's a wonder they get anything accomplished in that courthouse.

Julie did some recon to find out which courtroom we would be in. She did so by calling, and going on line. She was told by a "clerk" that it was in room 121 and that was also confirmed, along with the judge's name, by what she (Julie) found on line. The only problem, and I know this to be true since I've been to traffic court once or twice, that room 121 is the court room for traffic... not what we were there for. So several employees later and being told that the judge that we named works at the juvenile detention center, we finally found where we needed to be.

The beauty of all this is that the county, city or anyone else for that matter doesn't feel the need to send out any paperwork (as in a notification) to remind us of the date, time or courtroom and trying to find out is like well... sometimes how we feel after talking to the kids.


Nonetheless... the issue of the porch vs. the committee vs. the city vs. the list of violations vs us... still wasn't settled. That didn't happen until today (if you call getting it put on the agenda settled) and only after having to make yet another phone call. Then it happened, I got the call from what has to be the human equivalent (and personality to go along with it) of consumed toilet paper... our, or should I say my nemesis... "Sue".

Through a series of phone calls and conversations, it was thought that she was the one to put the kibosh on the committee from looking at the porch plans... she's such the visionary. She is, perhaps, the one and only person that I wouldn't allow into my home... ever!


Sorry, anyway, Witchiepoo said that the porch would be put on the agenda for the 28th of June...

He she is pre-Joliet's authoritative pain in the ass... she hasn't changed a bit, 'cept she dropped the hat since it no longer fit due to the swelling of her head...
http://www.rambunctious.org/images/witchiepoo.jpg


Okay, hopping off my soapbox once more...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Julie... if the measure of marital love is the gift of a child, you are now surely blessed six times over! What wonderful, unbelievable news! If only WE were able to have kids! Oh, I could never express the admiration and envy we have for you! God Bless, God Bless!